Wednesday 23 January 2013

Recommendation: The Simple Things

I love nothing more to curl up with a good magazine. The stories, photography...I just love it. So I was super excited to come across a new magazine about 5 months ago now. Now I must admit that I am absolutely hooked. I read each and every page and I try to ration myself so that the magazine lasts the whole month but that never ever works out. I have usually read the whole thing, cover to cover, in a couple of sittings.

The magazine I am talking about is called 'The Simple Things' (www.thesimplethings.com). I cannot recommend it highly enough - you just have to give it a try.



You may find it hard to hunt down this magazine in your local newsagent (I have seen one newsagent stock it but they are way behind in the issue department. Remember you can always ask your Newsagent nicely to stock it. Remember say it with a smile). The best way to get this magazine is to buy it on Newsstand (if you can). You will not be disappointed.

It is a UK based publication but who doesn't love to think about a winter wonderland when they are melting in the Brisbane heat and a lot of the articles are just that, absolutely fantastic stories that everyone can enjoy.

The magazine's philosophy to me is to enjoy the simple things in life, hence the name. Don't let those little things pass you by. At the end of every magazine there is a list of simple things that just make you smile and feel all warm and gooey inside. Some of my simple pleasures are big squeezy cuddles with my boyfriend, the afternoon light in my backyard looking out of my vegetable patches, my cat Yoda meowing at me when I get home, a cool shower on a hot day. I really could go on but that is what this magazine encourages - it is to take pleasure of those simple things in life. Now who can't get on board with that.

So if you love eating, growing, making, living and escaping (I think we all love living personally) then you will love love love this magazine. Happy reading.

MerryMeagan
xxoo

No comments:

Post a Comment