Tuesday 25 March 2014

Soap glorious soap

I may not have mentioned this before but I have discovered that I am a lover of soap. I am not talking pump action, foam producing, marshmallow smelling soap...I am talking coconut oil, honey, mint, natural ingredients with zero palm oil and sulphates for those souls, like myself with sensitive skin.

To quote a much used line, recent studies suggest that antibacterial soaps may encourage the growth of 'superbugs' resistant to antimicrobial agents, a problem when these bacteria run rampant, turning into dangers infection that cannot be treated with available medication.

Now that the technical stuff is out of the way, I also simply believe that soaps are better for you and your skin. Full stop. That's it.

I am talking about locally produced soap from natural ingredients. I am even thinking of making my own soap...what this space. But until I do, I just have to tell you about some fabulous soap I have discovered.

Firstly is the shampoo bar I use from Beauty and the Bees where they make everything from scratch, in house, in Tasmania and I am not just talking about soap either. You can also buy some of their products from Biome. Their products are 100% chemical free, luxuriously rich, really work, and are ethically handmade.



Next is the amazing soaps you can get from Odgers & McClelland Exchanges Stores which was established in 1891 and is located in Nundle, New South Wales. I love the lavender, bergamot and sandalwood soap but you can also get cinnamon and oatmeal, sea salt and rose and vanilla to just name a few. Once again they don't just sell amazing soaps but also amazing enamelware.


Lastly, I have even fallen in love with soap remnants/leftovers which you can get from Biome in a cute little hemp crochet bag. These little delights are just perfect for a guest bathroom and really do last for ages.



You can see that I also have heaps of fun with my soap dishes. I just love vintage or reproduction blue and white English china but the options are endless. I have even seen the cutest little wooden racks. Keeping your soap dry between uses makes it last longer (as a little tip from me to you).

Bars of soap are cheaper, last longer and are better for your skin then other products so I hope you get as excited about soap as you can see that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment