Thursday 23 January 2014

Garden fun

Well you have probably guessed from my previous posts that I am a little bit obsessed with gardening. I just love love love it. I find it a great way to relax and enjoy the sights, noises and smells around you.


I am a huge fan of visiting other people's gardens to get inspiration (I even visited a garden that had huge dinosaurs in a tropical setting - pretty scary). I also find it a really fun adventure. Most of the gardens I have visited have been in places I haven't been to before and are absolutely enormous. Believe me when I say that you can have a wonderful day out visiting some of these amazing gardens and everyone I have met has been so friendly and helpful with all my questions.

A great way to find gardens to visit is via Open Gardens Australia. They have a calendar of events in each state and you will find that most open gardens also have little stalls, food and other activities.

I really look forward to the big plant fair each year. There are so many wonderful stall holders with little treasures you probably have not seen before. And believe me when I say that it is not just limited to plants although the variety of plants you can find there is staggering.

It was at just one of these fairs that I was inspired to add garden ornaments to my own little garden.


I have added mushrooms, mice, chickens, old logs, stones, pots, a bird bath and a bird feeder (I am a little obsessed with trying to attract birds and bees to my garden).

Crazy eyed chicken

Look at my little bird feeder there above the Elderflower. The Noisy Miners are certainly loving the Coconut Ice Grevillea and the bees are loving those giant Elderflower blooms.

Some of the garden ornaments I have found have made there way into my home. One such thing are the mushrooms made by Woodrock Turning. I have linked to their Facebook page but you can also find them on Etsy. They are just so gosh darn cute.


I hope my little effort at garden fun has inspired you to maybe give it a go. Think of making a fairy garden for your little wee ones or adding some beautiful pot decorations for those with limited space. Or what about making a crazy character from collected branches. Just so much fun to play around with. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment